Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Black Lies by Alessandra Torre

Title: Black Lies
Author: Alessandra Torre
Genre: New Adult
Publication Date: August 25, 2014
Kindle: 219 pages

Synopsis
Brant: 
Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years.
Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.

Lee: 
Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.

Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.

If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.

Review
I would suggest reading this one blind. I read the synopsis and understood from it that appearances were going to be deceiving out the gate. If you like a story with a twist, then Black Lies is simply a must-read not to be missed.

One of my favorite passage:
'True love makes a person reckless, makes them take risks and make sacrifices. True love test the boundaries of our person, make us yearn to be better and fight for the ground we stand on. I will fight for this love. Lie for it. Steal for it. It is worthy of that. On paper, we are a horrible match. I have no light; she brims with it. I am serious; she is fun. But off paper, that is where our magic occurs. I want to be more like her. I want to listen to her laugh and have had something to do with it. I love her completely. She returns the love wildly. This love is worth the unsaid truths. The hidden lies.’ ~ Brant

Personally, I figured out the twist early on which helped me relax and avoid being judgmental. I really enjoyed Layana’s personality and her strength as she goes on this amazing journey with Brant and Lee.

The hype and buzz surrounding this novel's release was totally justified. Read it. You won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment