Thursday, September 4, 2014

Taste Test by L.B. Dunbar

Title: Taste Test
Author: L.B. Dunbar
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: September 2,  2014
ebook: 319 pages


Synopsis:

In a modern twist of fairy tales,
what if the beast is a woman instead of a man?

Ethan Scott
I was about to find out when a mysterious job led to the secluded home of a horror novelist. I’d lost everything: my scholarship, my education, and my way. In denial of my family inheritance, I took the unusual employment as a chance out of a hole, but I found myself buried in the unknown trauma of another situation much deeper. 

Ella Vincentia
I had changed my name and my address to keep myself hidden, but my scars were more than physical. Living as a recluse in the woods, I was used to being alone, so I wasn’t happy when a certain someone was always in my space. Our first encounter was less than pleasant and tension continued at every attempt to tame me. 

Secrets
I knew she was keeping secrets and I wanted to help, but she was cutting me down and cutting me off every time she opened her mouth. Our frustration with one another grew until a misunderstanding changed everything. How can I be the next guy after something so tragic? It was a challenge I wasn’t sure I was willing to take

Review:


It It’s not often that I am left speechless after reading a book. I was captivated right from the start. I ADORED the twist to Beauty & the Beast. Ella & Ethan's story is so touching and complicated which makes it so much more real than most stories. It’s not your typically boy meets girl; they fall in love yada yada yada … The love story between Ella and Ethan is about them finding solace in each other after society and family reject them both.  It’s about not only confronting but surpassing your demons. I think the most important lesson to be learned is that like the “Beast” Ella is not angry, she is sad. She is tired and afraid. She had lost everything that is important to her until Ethan comes along and shows her beauty is more than skin deep. They bring out the best in each other, they heal each other and then life goes on. Beautifully written, and masterfully executed.

If I could rate this book more than 5 stars I would.

I also think it’s important to stress that while Taste Test is the second book in the Sensations Collection, you do not have to read Book 1, Sound Advice to follow along (although I would highly recommend that one as well). LB Dunbar you never cease to amaze me, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment Fragrance Free as it is my favorite of our 5 senses and there is no one better then you to do that justice. 




Buy The Book



No comments:

Post a Comment