Saturday, August 30, 2014

Release Day Blitz: The Storm by Laura Lexington

Title: The Storm
Author: Laura Lexington
Release Date: Aug 30, 2014
Find on
Goodreads
Jana Cook was not born with a silver spoon in her mouth, but her fierce determination leads to a successful career in medical device sales. Toss in five-star meals, fabulous sex with her nearly perfect husband, Andrew, and a gorgeous new house … and Jana’s life is picture perfect before she hits the big 3-0. What more can a girl want?

Overnight, her life begins to unravel. When Jana discovers she is pregnant, she dives from hero to zero in the eyes of Covington Company. Despite a resume most would kill for, Jana finds herself unemployed and devastated. Challenging her employer could change her life … if she wins. Does she have the strength to handle the gossip and face the likely reality of being blackballed from her industry?

As Jana struggles to make the right choice, her vivacious best friend, Grace, is convinced her own heartthrob husband, Gavin, is hiding something. Despite Jana’s best efforts to convince her that she is wrong, Grace’s mental illness overpowers reality. Jana was a superstar in scrubs, but navigating first time motherhood is real work … especially in the midst of secrets, lies, and unthinkable tragedy.

She makes her decision. And while Andrew promises to never let her fall, will love be enough to spark the bravery she needs to survive the storm that threatens to overcome her?

Andrew laughed and shook his head. “When I met you, I never thought you would be so sexual. You seemed so ... quiet.”
“Didn’t anyone ever tell you to watch out for the quiet ones?” I raised my eyebrows and winked, grabbing him spontaneously and pulling him close. I brought my lips to his and lightly parted them, waiting for him to lead.
Now that my second trimester kicked into gear, sex regained its appeal.
Effortlessly, he kissed me, our tongues wrapping around one another’s, awakening an eagerness that zapped me of any other thoughts. “I want to be the only toy you play with tonight.”

I pulled away and gave him a glance at the fire in my eyes. “You can do whatever you want with me.”

“Shhh.” His voice rose slightly as he gently lowered me on the soft blanket I hadn’t noticed. “Take your clothes off for me. I will be right back.”

I obliged, slowly undressing with careful finesse, leaving my lacy panties for him to remove. Naked under the stars, I allowed the mystical, cool breeze to relax me as my eyes fluttered shut.

I never heard him return. Suddenly, he lay beside me, using his firm hands to massage me with the skill of a professional. I bristled with pleasure as he caressed warm liquid over every square inch of my body.

“You’re so beautiful,” he murmured as I gently spread my legs, my muscles reduced to mush. Embracing the sensation of floating in a realm between a memory and a daydream, I relished his magical touch.

After sliding off my thong, he teased one finger over my sensitive spot, and I sighed at the promise of what came soon. Maybe six seconds and I was soaking wet, dying for him to enter me. His intent was sweet romance, but I wanted to grab his body and force him inside me and rock him until he couldn’t see straight. My sex drive now wild and untamed, my body pulsed with intensity unfamiliar to my experience.

I reached up to unbutton his shirt, exposing his sexy arms and chest. I slid his pants and boxers down and unleashed a seductive smile, my eyes lifting from his hardness to his heated eyes. Not much foreplay would be necessary.

I slid my tongue up and down the length of his shaft, amazed when he got even harder.

He started to position himself on top of me, but I placed one hand firmly on his chest and pushed him away. A flicker of confusion crossed his face, but then he grinned as I slyly turned over and rose on my hands and knees.

“You feel so tight,” he breathed as his body became one with mine. He squeezed my ass and let a soft moan escape with the first hard thrust.

He was the perfect fit. With every move he made, my body longed for more of him, grinding against him until I matched his pace. I wanted to slow down, to enjoy this fabulous sex underneath a ceiling of glistening stars, but I lost every ounce of self-control and thrust against him faster and faster until he exploded with pleasure.

“Damn!” He gazed into my eyes, his wild with ecstasy, as I smirked with satisfaction. “You’re an animal.”

I rolled over, collapsing on the blanket cushioned with soft grass. I guided his hand back to where he started, my mouth forming a long “O” within seconds. Feverishly, I grabbed his other hand and placed it on my breast. He took the cue and fondled each nipple until they were both pebbled.

Hold off, hold off... I could have come on command.

He rolled his finger in a circular motion, changing his rhythm to make me last longer. I thought I might fall unconscious if my legs got any weaker.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I came with such power that my whole body jerked. My eyes flew open just in time for my release to coincide with the surreal blend of the majestic stars and distant heavenly bodies as they faded into the night.

Andrew smiled and lay on his back, gazing into the celestial sky, lacing his fingers with mine. The breeze intensified, serving as the perfect cool down as we cuddled under the glistening stars.

This was perfection.

Laura Lexington is a Contemporary Women’s Fiction and Contemporary Romance author. Her debut novel contains elements of suspense and explores elements of every part of life – love, sex, friendship, careers, faith, social issues, and family. She lives in the Southern United States with her family, where she hates the humidity but loves being close to the beach. She is the proud mother of one daughter, a rambunctious five year old who chopped her glorious hair the first week of kindergarten, and is the most awesome wife ever (or so she likes to think). When she’s not daydreaming up future stories, she’s wearing out her Kindle, thinking about shaking the dust off her treadmill, or planning her next trip to Orange Beach.

Laura works full time, and unlike the main character in her debut novel, is thankful to work for a company that recognizes employee talent regardless of age, race, or gender, and provides many opportunities for development. She firmly believes in the power of a good housekeeper, a strong cup of coffee (or two or three), and a novel that makes one’s senses spin with all the good stuff – drama, love, suspense, sex. If dancing with her rambunctious five-year-old in the kitchen counts as working out, she exercises daily, usually after several desserts she couldn’t resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment